- 1 orange, chopped roughly into small pieces
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 180g butter, melted
- Icing sugar for dusting
Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a round cake tin with baking paper and set aside.
Place the orange (skin, seeds and all) into the blender and blend until it's mushy.
Add the flour, sugar, eggs and butter and blend until just combined.
Pour into the baking tin and smooth surface. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.
Dust with icing sugar and serve.
- This is a great way to use up oranges that are just sitting in the fruit bowl!
- You may need to stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl to make sure all the ingredients are blended in.
- I like to ice this cake with orange icing.
- This recipe was created by Jennifer Cheung for Kidspot, Australia's best recipe finder.